- The effect of masks on cognitive performance, PNAS, 2022.
- The social capital effects of resettlement on the host community (with Sabina Albrecht), Economic Record, 2022.
- Female chess players show typical stereotype-threat effects (with Hairong Hu, Andrew McLennan, Bill von Hippel and Sabina Albrecht), Psychological Science, 2020.
- Higher economic inequality intensifies the financial hardship of people living in poverty by fraying the community buffer (with Jon Jachimowicz, Barnabas Szaszi, Marcel Lukas, Jaideep Prabhu and Elke Weber), Nature Human Behaviour, 2020
- Everybody’s doing it: On the Persistence of Bad Social Norms (with Theo Offerman and Uri Gneezy) Experimental Economics, 2019.
- Longevity of outstanding sporting achievers: mind versus muscle (with An Duy-Tran and Philip Clarke) PloS One 13(5), 2018.
- Trust and Inequality: Just bad luck? (with Sanne Blauw)
- A stepping stone approach to understanding harmful norms: Theory and evidence from Somalia (with Selim Gulesci, Eliana La Ferrara and Munshi Sulaiman)
- Norms-based interventions in the field: RCT evidence from female circumcision and child marriage practices in Somalia (with Selim Gulesci, Eliana La Ferrara and Munshi Sulaiman)
- Overcoming probability biases (with Jordan von Hippel)
- The long shadow of authority (with Paolo Pin and Fernando Vega-Redondo)
- It matters if you’re black or white: Evidence of the stereotype threat among chess players (with Michael van Pelt)